Job Posting: LAKE14-008
Location: Bonnyville Office or Blackfalds Office
City/Town: Bonnyville, AB or Blackfalds, AB
Quinn Contracting Ltd., a leader in the Industrial Maintenance & Turnaround Industry, is now accepting applications for a Senior Accountant with our Lakeland Team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the finance staff and financial resources for Lakeland, delivering effective and efficient accounting services to the district. This position will be a part of the Corporate Finance Team and will be actively involved in the monthly accounting, reporting and analysis for both Quinn Contracting and Quinn Construction. This position will work closely with the Corporate Finance team, Lakeland General Manager and report directly to the Corporate Controller.
• Ensures all customer invoicing is completed accurately, timely and meeting or exceeding expectations of customer contracts
• Provides follow up on all customer accounts receivable , aged in excess of 30 days , to ensure timely collection of same
• Ensures all payroll time entry is completed accurately, timely and meeting the expectations of Corporate payroll
• Assists in the preparation of customer bids
• Acts as a backup and assistance to Lakeland district in supporting all accounting functions
• Calculation, administration and distribution of all customer rate sheets with support from Controller as needed
• Assists with completion of month end close in Timberline and MSD as directed by Controller(i.e. Intercompany Reconciliation, general ledger maintenance and postings)
• Provides leadership, supervision and support to the Lakeland District Finance team
• Reviews new contracts summarizes and ensures financial impacts are communicated and implemented as required
• Completes monthly Payroll remittances to Government
• Post-secondary degree in Accounting
• 3-5 years related experience
• CA, CGA, CMA or CPA designation preferred.
• Oil and gas or construction industry experience is preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications with above average Excel skills.
• Self starter capable of working independently and as a member of a team.
• Results oriented with ability to meet various deadlines.
CLOSING DATE: JULY 30, 2014
* Internal applicants must submit a Request for Consideration (FHR016) along with their application.
*This position can be filled out of either the Blackfalds or Bonnyville office dependent on the successful candidate.